Concealment technology that enhances your ability to get closer to marine life underwater.
Get closer to wildlife than ever imagined with Sharkskin Covert.
Designed to improve your dive experience, Sharkskin Covert HECS StealthScreen allows you to explore like never before. HECS revolutionary concealment technology reduces the human body’s electric signal, making you less detectable to underwater marine life.
How Does Sharkskin Covert Work?
Covert works by combining three scientific principles:
- All living things emit an electrical signal.
- Some marine species can detect faint electrical signals.
- These electrical signals can be blocked by a conductive screen operating as a ‘Faraday’ shield.
As our bodies emit natural electromagnetic signals, many marine species detect these signals underwater through a sense known as electro-reception. The ingenuity behind HECS technology is derived from the Faraday Cage principle, whereby interlocking carbon fibers channel and redistribute electricity throughout a conductive mesh.
When this Faraday Cage is woven into a garment, such as Sharkskin Covert, the HECS Stealthscreen grid keeps your electrical energy field from escaping. Despite the other available senses of sight, sound and smell, the absence of an electromagnetic signal seem to slow the flight reaction of underwater species, allowing for a more casual approach. This is a huge advantage for underwater fishermen as well as underwater filmmakers and photographers wanting to document marine species without disrupting their natural environment. Ultimately, Sharkskin Covert HECS Stealthscreen technology offers you the benefit of exploring marine life more closely.
Sharkskin Covert Main Features:
- HECS Stealthscreen Technology: Electrical signals emitted from the body are reduced with the HECS carbon fiber mesh woven into Covert’s fabric. A diver will be virtually undetectable to marine life.
- Sting resistant: Full body protection from marine stingers
- UV resistant: SPF +50 sun protection
- Neutrally buoyant: Wearing Sharkskin Climate Control garments won’t add buoyancy which can inhibit a swimmer in the water.
- Anti-microbial and odor resistant: More sanitary and pleasant for the wearer, and their friends.
- Itch resistant: Can be worn comfortably for extended periods.
- Machine washable: The only neutrally buoyant thermal protection available that is washer machine safe.